The Society of Group Psychology and Group Psychotherapy is offering student travel awards for the 2016 APA Convention:
What are the details?
- Six (6) awards of $500 each will be granted.
- Awards should be used in support of travel to the 2016 APA Convention in Denver, Colorado.
- Award winners will be announced on June 1, 2016.
What are the requirements?
- Applicants must show an interest in group psychology and/or group psychotherapy.
- Applicants must not yet have completed their terminal degree.
- Applicants must be Student Affiliate Members of the Society of Group Psychology and Group Psychotherapy. Join at http://www.apadivisions.org/division49/membership/index.aspx
- Award winners must assist the Student Committee in promoting Division 49 at two (2) or more division programs at the APA Convention (to be scheduled with Student Committee chairs).
- Award winners are encouraged (not required) to attend the Division 49 Social in order to be recognized and congratulated!
What is the application process?
- Submit a brief (500 words or less) statement addressing your interest in and/or goals related to group psychology and/or group psychotherapy, and how attendance at the 2016 APA Convention would benefit your development as a group psychologist or psychotherapist.
- Include a current CV.
- E-mail application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2016.
*Please note that checks will be processed after required paperwork is completed at the 2016 APA Convention and submitted to APA Headquarters; Awards may be subject to appropriate taxes.